Although almost every organization on campus is engaged in sustainability efforts, the President’s Sustainability Action Committee, or PSAC, is the major force on Truman’s campus that initiates and coordinates sustainability practices.
The President’s Sustainability Action Committee has spearheaded the Sustainability movement at Truman more recently. Some of the committee’s responsibilities are to:
- Identify and evaluate ways to modify university practices to help them align with the principles of the Sustainability Initiative.
- Track the current state of sustainability related practices and develop a practical benchmark for assessing total progress.
- Provide regular advice to the University President regarding suggested best practices.
- Present an annual report of its activities to the University President that records progress on practices of interest and indicates future plans.
Click here to view our interactive timeline, which shows our contributions to a more sustainable future. Here is our archive, which lists all past Sustainability Lecture Series, started by the PSAC in 2011.
The Committee is currently implementing the objectives outlined in the PSAC Strategic Goals and Initiatives – public.
Below are links to the Sustainability Annual Reports, created by the PSAC, which detail our yearly progress in sustainability:
Current Members of the President’s Sustainability Action Committee (2015-2016):
- Donna Liss, Chair, CIO, Information Technology Services
- Nancy Asher, Coordinator of Testing and Reporting and Associate Budget Officer
- Lora Cunningham, Director, Sodexo Food Services
- Sally Herleth, Human Resources & Staff Council Liaison
- Chris Hornsey, Student, Student Government Liaison
- Sue Limestall, Director, Recreation Center
- Keaton Robertson, Student, Environmental Campus Organization
- Karl Schneider, Director, Facilities Management
- Judi Schweitzer, Consultant, Sustainability Expert
- Dr. Michael Seipel, Faculty Member, Agriculture Department
- Lori Shook, Design Project Manager, Campus Planning
- Dr. Alicia Wodika, Faculty Member, Environmental Studies Minor Committee
- Ashley Young, Kirksville Assistant City Manager
Current Members of the Sustainability Fee Accountability Committee (2015-2016):
- Adrian Wheeler, Chair
- Chris Hornsey
- Kaitlyn Meyer
- Savannah Cox
- Marita Moore
- Courtney Green
- Ashleigh Harding
- Foster Speichinger